In the 1990s, the state of Maryland acquired the historic Hippodrome Theatre as well as the
three adjacent buildings and combined them to create the France-Merrick Performing Arts
In addition to the Hippodrome Theatre, a second performance venue was planned but never
completed. Initially constructed as the Eutaw Savings Bank, circa 1881, and now known as the
Bank Pavilion, the building has sat virtually unused since the Performing Arts Center
in 2004. Now is the time to complete the project with the renovation of the M&T Bank
Together we will create a much-needed, accessible and affordable resource for arts,
entertainment and education for students, community members and all Marylanders.