Broadway Show Related Outreach
Kinky Boots (September 29 – October 4, 2015)
- 9/30: True Colors Program
The Book of Mormon (November 3 – 15, 2015)
- 11/5: Acting/Audition Master Class for Carver Center for the Arts
The Sound of Music (December 8 – 13, 2015)
- I Like to Sing & Move It (300 Pre-K Students)
PNC Grown up Great Program students will learn musical scale in a month long program and sing “Do Re Mi” with cast members
- The Importance of Historical Accuracy in Costuming – Baltimore Design School
Students will choose an historical time period, create a back story for a character and design a doll costume for their character.
The Phantom of the Opera (January 27 – February 7, 2016)
- Tech Shadow
- Phantom Experience (100 Lansdowne Students)
Motown The Musical (March 8 -13, 2016)
3/10: Dance Master Class for Baltimore School for the Arts
The Illusionists (March 29 – April 3, 2016)
Cabaret (April 26 – May 1, 2016)
- Postcard Production Workshop for Baltimore County
- Dance Workshop
Disney’s Beauty and the Beast (May 10 – 15, 2016)
- Student Matinee – May 12th 10:30am
- I Like to Sing and Move It Program (300 Pre-K students)
PNC Grown up Great Program students will learn opposites and cast members will read Beauty and the Beast and talk about themes.
- Book Program
- Teachers Critics Program
- Young Critics (Roland Park Middle School & Woodlawn High School)
Love Letters (June 7 – 12, 2016)
- 2016 Senior Camp writing program
Hipp Artist in Residence Program with Soulful Symphony Master Classes in vocals, brass, percussion, strings & woodwinds
Partner Schools: Lansdowne High School &Lansdowne Middle School
Pre-K at Play (October 6, 2015) In conjunction with Baltimore City Schools, HFI hosts Pre-K students for the day. Students create animal mask, a simple puppet and dance. Partner School: Empowerment Academy
- HFI host Pre-K students for workshops & tours (25 students)
Broadway 101 for seniors (Baltimore County Senior Centers) Theater critic J. Wynn Rousuck tells the “stories behind the stories” in her fascinating talk about reviewing and covering theater for more than three decades She will also discuss what a theater critic looks for in a production. She’ll also offer a preview of the of the Hippodrome’s 2015-2016 season.
- 10/20: Reisterstown Senior Center (50 seniors)
- 10/26: Jacksonville Center (50 seniors)
Panel Discussion: Applying to Magnet High Schools Discusses the process, audition tips and important things to know.
- 11/7 : Carver Center for the Arts for Middle School Students
GET HIPP for seniors (Baltimore County Senior Centers) Program offers creative movement and music to promote inspiration, attentiveness, expression and communication.
- 12/2: Essex Senior Center (50 seniors)
- 12/7: Edgemere Senior Center (50 seniors)